Early Years Entitlement
Peter Pan Nursery are happy to offer both the Universal Entitlement of Early Years Funding and the Extended Entitlement of Early Years Funding for working parents. Your child is entitled to the funding the term after their third birthday. Their birthday must fall before the cut-off date in order to receive the funding the following term. These dates are:
- 31st August for the September – December term
- 31st December for the January – April term
- 31st March for the May – August term
We also offer places for those children eligible for two year old funding. There are certain criteria that apply in order to receive this funding. Please see below.
What am I entitled to? All children are entitled to 15 funded hours per week, for 38 weeks per year. As most children attend Peter Pan Nursery all year round, this is spread as 12 funded hours per week, for 47.5 weeks per year. There are 3.5 weeks per year that the nursery is open, but no EY funding is available. During these weeks your child’s bookings will be charged in full. A copy of the funding calendar is on display at the nursery. Please ask in the office if you would like a copy.
How do I claim it? You will be required to complete a form with your child’s personal details and we will need to see a copy of your child’s birth certificate. You will also be required to complete a termly headcount form as proof that your child is attending the setting. For two year olds, we need authorisation from the local authority that you fulfil the criteria and you will be required to complete the headcount forms. Where parents earn at least the equivalent of 16 hours per week at the National Minimum Wage (and no more than £100,000 p.a.), children will be entitled to the Extended Entitlement for working parents. Children can claim up to an additional 12 funded hours per week. To claim this funding you will need an entitlement code, which can be applied for by visiting www.childcarechoices.gov.uk.
An Additional Services Charge is applied to all funded hours delivered. This charge covers the cost of all consumables, nappies, wipes, drinks, snacks, cooked lunches, tea, all craft supplies and resources. Please ask at the nursery if you would like a copy of our more detailed information sheet regarding Early Years funding.
Two year old funding eligibility The following two years olds may be eligible
Parents who are in receipt of one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Tax credit and have an annual income of less than £16,190 (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs)
or if the 2 year old:
- Has a statutory statement of Special Educational Needs or an Education, Health and Care Plan. (Parents cannot self-refer for funding based on this criteria)
- Has left local authority care through a Special Guardianship Order, adoption or residence Order
- Is currently a Looked After Child, e.g. in foster care
- Is in receipt of Disability Living Allowance
Parents and carers need to complete a funding form online. Once awarded the funding continues even if your circumstances change or if you choose to move your child to another provider. Your local Children’s Centre can help you with your decisions.